Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why do all web designers buy the same stock photos?

I think a webdesigner are looking for unique photos. Who wants a photo everyone have used before you? I'm sure that this is the reality. But I also think that many web designers buys and uses photos that everyone else uses too. There are several reasons for this phenomenon I think.

Here is a few reasons:

1. You don't want to take any risk. What if the stock photo I pick isn't good (I don't want to take any chances).

2. Many Stock Photo Agencies (Microstock agencies) sort there photos in descending popularity. A popular photo means many web designers have downloaded it before you.

3. The time factor. Often when you need a stock photo you need it ASAP. You have a deadline to follow. As said before the first images you see is the most popular ones. They are good, very good and it is "safe" to buy.

You might think that I am wrong in this theory. But think twice. Why do we have a few top selling photographers? Top selling means many buyers of the same photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment